Renew Your Iowa Permit
Renew your Iowa Permit
Because of the passage of HF517, it is no longer a requirement to get training to renew your Iowa Permit to Carry Weapons! You can thank the NRA and the Iowa Firearms Coalition for getting this passed. I would suggest joining both groups to show your support. I'm a proud LIFE MEMBER of both of these groups!
So here's what you need to do to renew.
- Check your expiration date on your current Iowa Permit to Carry Weapons.
- If you're within 30 days before or 30 days after of your permit expiring, you can apply for a renewal at your sheriff's office. Just remember to take in your current permit. Remember, you MUST apply at your sheriff's office in the county that you are a resident!
- And you're done!!!!
If your permit is 30 days or more PAST the expiration date, you may have to take a NEW class to get a NEW permit. In that case you can sign up for and take the CVFT Basic Pistol Online Course!
- Once you've completed the course, print off your certificate.
- Take your printed certificate to your local sheriff and fill out the appropriate paperwork. The sheriff can take up to 30 days to get you your new permit, but most do it much faster!
- Get your permit! And you're done!
- Enjoy carrying and protecting yourself and your loved ones for 5 more years!
Don't be fooled by the competition and by "cheap" online courses! The CVFT Basic Pistol Online Course is the ONLY online training class that is being accepted by ALL Iowa sheriffs! NO OTHER ONLINE COURSE CAN MAKE THIS STATEMENT!!! Other online courses offer nothing more than a gun safety video and an expensive certificate at the end. My course not only includes gun safety, but also includes equipment selection, ammunition selection, proper shooting techniques, and COVERS IOWA LAW! No other online course does this! Click to see the top 10 reasons to take the CVFT Iowa Basic Pistol Online Course. I also give you MANY resources that you can take along with you after the course has ended to review again and again.